We are here to help no matter where you are in your homeownership journey.
Let us guide you from Housing & Financial Counseling to Affordable Homeownership!
Austin Habitat New Home Construction Program Requirements
Own a new home for under $260,000 through our New Home Construction Program. All prospective Partner Families must meet our minimum qualifications to participate in this program. Get started by browsing our qualifications to see if a partnership with Austin Habitat might be right for you; if not, check out our sister organization HomeBase (for development examples, see below) for a different approach to affordable homeownership. Please scroll down to complete the interest questionnaire and to see what we can build.
- Open only to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- A credit score of 620 or higher
- Ability to pay a mortgage
- Meet the income requirements- listed below
- Must live and work in our service area for the past six months
- Must be a first-time home buyer*
*An individual who has not held ownership in a principal residence during the three-year period ending on the date of the purchase. There are three exceptions: Death, Divorce, or Natural Disaster.
|Persons in Household
|Maximum Yearly Income*
*This represents the 80% Median Family Income Defined by HUD in 2023
The Complete City of Austin Qualifying Chart Can Be Found Here
Why Buy With Austin Habitat?
- Homebuyer education classes and one-on-one housing counseling to prepare you for the responsibilities of homeownership.
- A low-interest mortgage with affordable monthly payments – no more than 35% of your household income.
- Our homes are built to Austin Energy Green Building standards.
- We are a trusted partner. For over 39 years, Austin Habitat for Humanity has helped over 550 families build their brand-new affordable homes.
- We were awarded Best Nonprofit of the Year in 2022 and Affordability Champion in 2023 by the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce.
Austin Habitat provides you with the coaching, education, and support to be successful in your homeownership journey and will guide you through the process. We can help you buy a home you love with a mortgage you can afford!
Ready to Join Our Program?
Complete the Homeownership Interest Questionnaire
Not Ready Yet?
Let Us Help You Get Ready Through Our Housing & Financial Counseling Program