Families are selected to partner with Austin Habitat for Humanity based on need, ability to pay a mortgage, and to partner. In addition, all applicants must be legal residents of the United States and must have lived or worked in our service area for the past six months before applying. At Austin Habitat for Humanity, we service a population that is diverse in age, ethnicity, language, gender, and ability but unique in socio-economic status.
- Open only to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- Ability to pay a mortgage
- Commit 200 hours of “sweat equity” helping to build homes
- A credit score of 620 or higher
- Must live and worked in our service area for the past six months
- Must be a first-time home buyer*
*An individual who has not held ownership in a principal residence during the three-year period ending on the date of the purchase. There are three exceptions; Death, Divorce or Natural Disaster.
To check if your income meets the requirements for our program, view the income guideline charts below.
Complete the interest questionnaire
Homes for Sale