Habitat Young Professionals
We Network. We Build. We Advocate.
Austin Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals is a group of like-minded professionals who make an impact on housing affordability in Austin by networking, advocating, and building affordable homes in the community.
Why We Do It
Housing prices in Austin continue to rise, making it harder for hardworking families to buy or rent. Austin Habitat offers them the opportunity to buy an affordable home, helping keep Austin the diverse and vibrant city that we love.
Habitat Young Professionals is a subgroup of the greater Austin Habitat chapter with the goal of helping the organization’s fundraising, advocacy, and home building efforts. In addition to providing social and networking opportunities for members, the HYP board sets fundraising and advocacy goals at the beginning of the year and strategizes how they’ll be met by year end. The HYP President holds a non-voting role on the greater Austin Habitat board and reports quarterly on progress being made on the goals established.
HYP helps its members develop and improve their leadership skills through a variety of social, service, and educational opportunities. It’s also a great opportunity for those interested in being on a nonprofit board and advancing their careers. Membership includes:
- Contributing a tangible impact on the Austin and Central Texas communities
- Joining other HYP members for our volunteer construction days
- Discounted or free admission to HYP events
- Leadership opportunities on the board or committee
- Access to our LinkedIn networking group
- Access to a solid network of socially responsible professionals
- A HYP T-shirt of your choice
*Must be under 40 years old to participate in HYP.
2022 HYP Board Leadership
Robert Ochoa, President
Tyler Markham, Past President
HYP Board Members