Don’t forget your mask!
Given the extension to the Shelter-in-Place order issued on April 13 by city officials, we wanted to update our ReStore shoppers and donors with how this affects ReStore operations.
The Austin and San Marcos ReStores are open: We are safely serving your essential hardware and home improvement needs with the below measures in place.
- Business hours have been temporarily reduced to 9am-6pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm-6pm on Sunday.
- No purchases can be made with cash. Debit and credit cards will be the only acceptable forms of payment.
- Social distancing between customers is being enforced, and store traffic levels are being monitored.
- Surfaces, including carts, restrooms, and checkout areas, are continuously being cleaned and sanitized.
- NEW PRECAUTION: All customers over the age of 10 must wear a mask or fabric face covering while in the ReStore.
When the ReStore team in San Marcos was notified on April 8 that a customer who shopped in the store during the late afternoon on April 7 was a person under investigation for COVID-19, we made the decision to immediately close the San Marcos ReStore to allow us to hire a company to perform a deep clean of the facility. The San Marcos ReStore reopened on April 13 to continue serving the Hays County community as an essential business.
Our virtual doors are also open to let you explore our unique inventory: Shop the ReStore from the comfort of your own home! From clothing and shoes to home & garden accessories and nostalgic memorabilia, there are deals to be had on hundreds of new and like-new items.
Good things happen when you donate your stuff to the ReStore: While our free residential pick-up service remains paused until the Shelter-in-Place order is lifted, we ask that you either hold onto your items until we resume operations, or drop off your items at your nearest ReStore location. The donation drop-off is open at both ReStores 9am-5pm Monday through Saturday, and 12pm-5pm on Sunday.
As you know, the ReStore is a key part of how Austin Habitat for Humanity builds homes with local families in five counties, and this decrease in ReStore operations will certainly be a hit to that effort.
Again, here’s how you can help –
- Shop the ReStore online at www.ShopAustinReStore.com.
- Drop off your donations at your nearest ReStore location, or hang on to your donations until it is safe for us to pick them up.
- Share photos of how you’ve embraced the ReStore in your home including DIY projects you’ve created with ReStore materials. Just tag @atxrestore or @smtxrestore in your social media posts.