Important update to our Coronavirus (COVID-19) plan
Our team at Austin Habitat for Humanity has been closely monitoring the escalations surrounding Coronavirus / COVID-19, and given the latest orders issued by Austin Mayor Steve Adler, it is now is time for us to increase our response to further protect you, our team, and the community we serve.
Here’s what we’re doing –
- The Austin Habitat for Humanity ReStores in Austin and San Marcos will remain open selling hardware and home improvement items from 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday. Some areas, such as our soft goods (e.g. clothing), will be closed until after the “shelter-in-place” order is lifted on Tuesday, April 14. We appreciate your understanding! Additional cleaning measures and social distancing practices will be implemented for the safety and protection of our customers and staff.
- Effective Wednesday, March 25, our free residential donation pick-up service will be paused until the “shelter-in-place” order is lifted on Tuesday, April 14. We are currently working to reschedule pick-ups that were already scheduled. Keep reading to see how you can still help if you had intended to donate to the ReStore.
- As previously communicated, the ReStore volunteer program remains on pause, and no purchases can be made with cash. Cashiers will only accept debit and credit cards as payment to limit the amount of interaction between staff and customers. Staff will continue with sanitizing efforts and monitoring the amount of traffic within the store at all times to ensure the environment is as safe as possible.
The ReStore is a key part of how Austin Habitat for Humanity builds homes with local families in five counties, and this decrease in operations will certainly be a hit to that effort.
Here’s how you can help –
- Shop the ReStore 24/7 from the comfort of your own home at www.ShopAustinReStore.com. Hundreds of select items from our inventory are available to purchase, and our e-commerce team will continue to list and ship unique finds daily.
- Drop off your donations at your nearest ReStore location, or hang on to your donations until it is safe for us to pick them up starting Tuesday, April 14. For bulky items/large loads, we’d like to encourage you to go ahead and schedule a pick-up. Your information will be saved, and a member of the ReStore Procurement team will contact you to schedule your pick-up for after Tuesday, April 14 (when the “shelter-in-place” order is lifted).
- Share photos of how you’ve embraced the ReStore in your home, the DIY projects you’ve created with ReStore materials, and the piles of spring cleaning donations you’ve gathered up to bring to the ReStore. Just tag @atxrestore or @smtxrestore in your social media posts to let us know how you’re staying busy and positive. We’ll be posting our favorites!
Stay safe, healthy, and ready to build homes and hope for those in need of affordable housing. Thank you for all you bring to our mission!