Groups and Teams
Volunteering with Austin Habitat is a unique and rewarding team-building opportunity. It brings people from across an organization together to work on a tangible product – a home for a deserving, low-income family. As a group, you’ll learn practical skills along the way and have the chance to actively communicate in a hands-on project. Constructing a house for an Austin Habitat family is about more than just building a home, it’s about building community.
Watch the following video by our corporate partner, Atlassian, to hear about their volunteer experience on our build site.
If you would like more information about partnering with Austin Habitat to sponsor a home or take part in a Team Habitat Volunteer Day, indicate it on the group application below. You can also visit our partnerships page or contact our Director of Corporate Sponsorships, Becca Halbert, email@example.com to learn more.
Important Information for Groups
- A group is 5 or more people.
- All volunteers must be 16 or older. For information about youth groups, see our youth volunteer opportunities.
- To provide your group with a quality and safe volunteer experience, we limit the number of volunteers to 25 per group.
- Our workday is 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. We require that all construction groups commit to a full day.
- Remember, you don’t need to know how to build – we will teach you everything you need to know!
- We build rain or shine, but just in case of inclement weather check out our Inclement Weather Policy.
To get involved, please complete our Group Volunteer Project Application below. Once we receive your application we will send you project date options. All groups are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and sponsor teams receive priority scheduling.
For questions regarding day-of coordination, please contact Sarah Joiner, VP of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.