HomeBase works with public, private, and non-profit partners to ensure permanently affordable homeownership—both for our local communities and for generations of homeowners.
Our organization is committed to balancing the goals of preserving housing affordability for future generations and offering today’s homeowners a dependable opportunity to build wealth and remain in their neighborhood. HomeBase achieves this balance by selling homes at below-market prices to income-eligible buyers and limiting the resale price that these homeowners can charge when they later decide to sell.
We provide a variety of Affordable Housing services, including:
- Affordable Housing Consulting
- Affordable Housing Program Management and Administration
- Homebuyer Education
Public Entities & Developers
HomeBase offers a full suite of services to private and non-profit housing developers. Services include financing, design and development, implementation and administration, and marketing shared equity housing models. We work with developers and local governments to:
- Provide Affordable Housing program services to comply with long-term housing affordability requirements.
- Manage initial sale of affordable units.
- Administer on-going transactions, such as refinancing and resale of units.
- Provide on-going compliance to ensure intended affordability.
- Provide compliance services for market-rate rental housing developers with affordability requirements.
- Ensure preferable treatment on tax valuations for homeowners.
HomeBase assists developers and builders who utilize public incentive programs. These programs include (among others):
- Density Bonuses
- Developer Incentives
- Transit-Oriented Developments (TOD)
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ)/ Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Planned Unit Developments (PUD)
For more information on HomeBase’s services, contact us at 512-472-8788 or email us at email@example.com.
500 W Ben White Boulevard, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78704
Contact Us: 512-472-8788
HomeBase NMLS#: 377115
HomeBase is not a chartered bank or trust company or depository institution. It is not authorized to accept deposits or trust accounts and is not licensed or regulated by any state or federal banking authority. HomeBase is a Type-1 Support Organization of Austin Habitat for Humanity.
Consumers wishing to file a complaint against a company or a residential mortgage loan originator should complete and send a complaint form to the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, 2601 North Lamar, Suite 201, Austin, Texas 78705. Complaint forms and instructions may be obtained from the Department’s website at www.sml.texas.gov. A toll-free consumer hotline is available at 877-276-5550. The department maintains a recovery fund to make payments of certain actual out of pocket damages sustained by borrowers caused by acts of licensed residential mortgage loan originators. A written application for reimbursement from the recovery fund must be filed with and investigated by the department prior to the payment of a claim. For more information about the recovery fund, please consult the department’s website at www.sml.texas.gov.